Saturday, December 19, 2015

Conversation


I talked to God last night.
He said, "Don't worry. It doesn't matter
if you believe in me. Truthfully?
It isn't as big a deal as some people think.
I just want you to be happy."
But the pain, the suffering, I said. What about that?
"Well, I'm not your babysitter, you know.
Believe me, it hurts, but I'm your parent
and I want you to grow--and yes,
those who die I heal with me."
Okay, I said, but why? I mean,
why all this in the first place?
"Because," he said, "there was nothing before,
and I had to. I am the creator, after all.
Really, I am creation, so..."
And then he said something I didn't understand--
but what do you expect?

December 19 2015

1 comment:

sia stewart said...

I especially like the part about having to, because he's the creator. God as artist. Nice.