Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pretend You Saw Me Dancing

This is actually a song in waltz time, suggested by something one of my daughters said while playing.

Pretend you saw me dancing
Alone upon a stage.
Pretend you asked if I would dance with you.
Pretend I was dreaming of
The chance we might fall in love,
And while we danced, my dream came true.

Now take my hand; I'll curtsey,
And you must smile and bow,
And we will dance as we pretended to.
Will our sweet dream romance
Blossom sweet while we dance,
And will you make my dream come true?

Bridge option 1:
How would I know if it happened?
How can I tell if it's real?
Surely if this were just make-believe,
I wouldn't feel what I feel.

Bridge option 2:
Is this a dream? Has it happened?
How can I tell if it's true?
Surely if this were just make-believe,
I wouldn't know I love you.

Bridge option 3:
Are we still only pretending?
Can I believe what I see?
Surely if this were just make-believe,
I wouldn't know you love me.

And here we are together,
Still dancing on this stage,
And now I know there's nothing to pretend.
I know forever we
In love are meant to be,
And that this dance will never end.

Why pretend?

I know forever we
In love will always be,
And that this dance will never end.




December 17 2008 - June 21 2009

No comments: